Friday, November 13, 2009

Do I know you?



Do you ever have one of those experiences when you walk into a room, and notice someone you think you recognise, but can’t quite put your finger or where or when you know them from?

It happened to me this week at a Moot event.

When I first arrived, as a Moot newbie, and something of a “Billy No Mates” I was just chatting to whoever was kind enough to chat to me (and there were a number of very kind people) when I spotted someone I thought I knew - but for the life of me couldn’t figure out what the connection was.

My curiosity was so profound that I had to ask the guy if we did, indeed, know each other.

In fact, we didn’t, but I was glad to have struck up the conversation. There were multiple threads – mutual Twitter and Facebook friends, a couple of mutual friends here and there and a definite cross over in terms of world view and ideas about Church & community. It’s a reminder to me that we all connected, and I’m grateful to live in an age when it’s so easy to stay so connected.

So much of how we live our lives as followers of Jesus is about…community.

So, say hello to Steve Lewis AKA spiritfarmer.

Check out his excellent blog, and if you see him, tell him Johnny sent ya!

HT to Steve for the pic

2 comments:

Peter P said...

Interesting... any way to strike up a good conversation works for me!

By the way, you said at the end there "HT to Steve for the picture". what doe HT stand for?

Johnny said...

Hey Peter

I agree, bud.

The "HT" means "Hat Tip" - basically "thanks".

Appreciate you passing by on my blog

J